British Universities & Secondary Schools Achievement Tests (BUSSATs) have been devised to assist with the placement of international students in British schools, especially students from Europe, Hong Kong, China, Egypt, and Jordan. BUSSATs are taken at the age of 11+, 13+ and 16+ and test students’ knowledge of Maths, English and General Knowledge. There are a number of BUSSATs test centres located around the world.
Anglo Schools International Services (ASIS) created BUSSATs and PSAPI (Private Schools Academic Performance Index) as a way of effectively matching international pupils to Schools in the UK. BUSSATs provide a globally recognised method of independently evaluating the academic abilities of students who wish to study in the UK. International students who wish to go on to higher education, apply for internships or for career opportunities also find their BUSSATs scores, which represent proof of academic achievement, form a key part of their CVs.
Several UK schools offer study abroad scholarships to international students who demonstrate a high degree of academic ability. BUSSATs can therefore help students in their quest for scholarships and funding. There are numerous scholarship schemes available for students wishing to study in the UK, as well as in other countries such as the Republic of Ireland. There are different types of study abroad scholarships available as listed below:
- Full Scholarships, provided for international students, which cover tuition fees and living expenses.
- Part Scholarships, which cover tuition fees but not living expenses. These are at the expense of the student.
- Country-specific scholarships, which are offered to students from specific countries.
- Course-specific scholarships, which are offered to students applying to study particular courses.
- UK/ EU scholarships, offered solely to UK/EU students due to funding from UK/European bodies.
Study in the UK for international students offers first class tuition at both secondary school and university. A degree from a British university is recognised and respected worldwide, and provides an excellent starting point for a future career. The UK is also an enjoyable place to study with vibrant cities, historic sites, beautiful countryside and multicultural environment.